The Time is Now: I woke up today with the news that we lost Chadwick Boseman to Cancer. For the first minute, I wasn’t sure if it was true or not but it was true. I don’t follow him on social media so was not privy to background but this one hit me! Kobe Bryant (Black Mamba) hit me hard but Chadwick Boseman (Black Panther) hit me even harder! Like many of you, I believe the main reason this loss feels different is that we had no idea that he was suffering especially seeing how he showed UP every day to every opportunity, movie assignment! To be young, black and gifted!
I remember when a sister friend and I went to watch Black Panther when it first came out and recalling the feeling of pride, excitement and joy we felt leaving the theatre! Now knowing what Chadwick was going through, I feel an even greater sense of respect for him and his craft.
It’s got me thinking the whole day about a number of things, a few of which are:
- My excuses are not valid! Excuse your excuses!
- My procrastination is actually a sign of arrogance and pride assuming I have enough time to get through all the dreams I set for myself
- Gosh! we can be so selfish! Oh specifically, I am selfish, everything is about me, me, me, me! Got to check that!
- What legacy do you want to leave and the way we live life is evidence of our legacy in action!
- There are people out there who love us and want to love us, let’s let them! Speaking to myself ( girl it’s is all in her head, no one is out to get you, Aint nobody got time for that! Get out of your own way sis)
- Our purpose on earth is more important than what jobs we do, and the money we make and we got to find it and live it to the fullest!
- People are going through things and the fact that we can’t see or hear them doesn’t mean they aren’t and it doesn’t invalidate them! Let be kind and sensitive, treat people as they will treat you! Like people not commodities!
I know! All these revelations in a day! Yes, I guess death has a way of making us realize we are all living this life towards that day! If we are blessed to have breath in us, we need to wake and be thankful, figure out what we can use the gift of life to accomplish for the day, because the Time is Now!
In doing this, may we also truly surrender to God The Father, live in a spirit of love and not of fear as his word says in 2 Timothy 1:7 and may we seize the moment to be excellent, chase our dreams, love on the people dearest to us and Serve Him. Wakanda Forever!